Panalpina Business Services (Prague), s.r.o.
We are looking for a candidate to the position of Proposal Manager!
Purpose of the position:
- Produce high quality proposal responses for our Global customer base - decoupled from pricing - in a standardized yet customer centric format with quality checks so that customers get a response in time based on their needs.
- Support Panalpina Account Managers and proposal content owners (ISPs) to become more time efficient.
- Raise the quality of RFX responses to raise the volume of business.
- Support Account Managers completing customer RFIs.
- Maintain and constantly extend the database for RFIs (i.e. proposal content management).
- Deliver compliant and professionally produced proposals within customer defined timeframes (not pricing).
- Proposal automation software (QPA) usage and support.
- Maintain and update a Content Management System (QPA).
- Document template management in line with company branding.
- Create competitive proposals mainly for Global Key Accounts in collaboration with the leading Tender Manager and/or Bid Owner.
- Give guidance/training support on the Proposal Application (QPA) to the regional Proposal Managers and to all Account Managers.
- Assist completing RFIs by using a Proposal Management System (QPA).
- Ensure compliance with Proposal Management processes and guidelines.
- Ensure timely, accurate and quality responses are delivered towards leading Tender Manager and/or Bid Owner - and escalate as necessary.
- Communicate with other functional groups such as but not limited to IT, Legal, Security, Product and Marketing regarding specific proposal content.
- Work on multiple response files at the same time.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to coordinate own efforts/resources within and across boundaries to deliver goals.
- Ability to work with different cultures and to manage cross functional interfaces.
- Ability and willingness to effectively live and manage the matrix organization.
- High priority for teamwork.
- Team player.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Planning & Organizing (Ability to prioritize, plan, assign & control).
- Adhere to good business practice.
- Time management (monitoring performance against deadlines and milestones).
- High stress level (Ability to work under pressure and deal with tight deadlines).
- Knowledge in freight forwarding and logistics.
- Supply Chain & Logistics knowledge would be seen as a benefit.
- Understanding and application of Proposal Management Tools and Processes.
- Understanding of Sales Processes.
- Higher educational level (degree business administration, economics, Logistics).
- Working experience (minimum 2 years).
- Strong written English language skills.
- An additional European language is a plus (e.g. German, French, Spanish).
- Excellent know-how of Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint).
- Proposal automation software experience is an advantage.