WOOD & Company is a leading regional Investment Bank and one of the fastest-growing financial institutions in Emerging Europe. We offer a wide range of products and services for investors, including Equity Sales, Electronic Trading, DMA and FIX, Equity Structured Products. Our teams are located in Warsaw, Prague, Bucharest, Bratislava, Milan and London.
Our team members are highly experienced, have deep roots in Emerging Europe, averaging 15 years’ experience each, and an unmatched level of product and market knowledge. Many of them have been top ranked consistently in the most prominent investor surveys, such as Thomson Reuters Extel and Institutional Investor. We are the largest dedicated EME sales team, with unparalleled investor access, voted the Number 1 CEE Brokerage Firm in the 2018 Extel Europe Survey.
The candidate we are looking for should be hard-working, attentive to detail, intellectually curious and interested in the financial emerging markets. This is a junior role, we do not require any special skillset, except for a good command of the English language, and strong communication and problem-solving skills. You will learn everything you need to know on the job. This is a perfect opportunity for a new graduate.
- To actively manage our customer base by assisting them in equities trading and monitoring their equities portfolios;
- To grow and manage relationships with new and existing customers through superior customer service;
- To work with our sales team in regard to customer requests;
- Preparing reports for clients;
- Monitoring the competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, and conditions;
- Performing additional duties and special projects as assigned or needed;
- Daily liaison with research and trading teams to ensure that clients are given an informed view of the markets, with timely and accurate information/idea flows
- To allocate resources to maximise client profitability;
- To coordinate and perform a range of support activities for the team;
- To participate in firm short-term and long-term strategy and planning sessions.
- A strong interest in the financial markets;
- New graduates/juniors with a strong passion for a sales or sales trading career are welcome to apply;
- Confident, with high energy levels;
- A solid understanding of securities;
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with clients;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
- The ability to multi-task and handle ad-hoc projects;
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
What are we offering?
- An interesting and challenging full-time job (for an indefinite period of time);
- A welcoming international environment;
- Modern offices in the centre of Prague (Palladium);
- Various benefits – five days extra holiday, five sick days, fitness benefits (Multisport card), yoga classes, pension contribution.